Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Best So Far - Sync Software Between Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Android

Until recently, I used Mobisynapse, which requires the mOffice suite to access the data synchronized between my Outlook (2007) and my devices (Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy S4 and ASUS Transformer tablet). Today, I discovered* a software - AkrutoSync (http://www.akruto.com/) for $24.95 w/a 7-day complete version trial - that has surpassed all synchronizing software up to date!

The feature that appealed to me was the fact it utilizes the device's built-in contacts, calendar, and tasks. It will also synchronize notes, but this requires a third party app. AkrutoSync is currently working on creating an internal app for Android in order to synchronize notes. I decided not to install the third party software - Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange - on my mobile device, because I want to access my tasks through my calendar app. However, my calendar app on my tablet does not offer to manage tasks, so I plan to install the third party software on my tablet. It can be found on the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.inote)

I don't plan on purchasing it until the seven days are up - just to be sure it does everything it promises. So far, I have tested some changes and it has lived up to its reputation. If this works, WHEN this works, it will make my devices so much more efficient and functional for me. I don't think it was a co-inky-dink that I came across this - despite I had been researching for a few hours and it was only mentioned once. But when I started purposely researching the software, I read good reviews.

Check back in seven days for my critique report and hopeful purchase of this amazing product.

* Yes, Joe and German... much like I discovered cilantro...



(Smiley face provided by http://yoursmiles.org/c-wink.php)

1 comment:

  1. Update - Pleasant surprise when trying the Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange. There is an option to view the tasks in the calendar, so I can see the tasks in one place and not have to go back and forth!

    ReplyDelete